New Library Resources and Services
Posted: February 10, 2012
As part of the Library 2022 initiative, the APU Libraries are pleased to announce several new and upgraded databases, tools, and services for the APU community.
Databases and Research Tools
- ArticleReach: This fast, free new service allows researchers to request full-text articles that are not available in the APU Libraries' collection. Articles are sent via email, usually within 48 hours. ArticleReach is integrated into the Full Text Finder tool that appears in the Libraries' online databases. For more information, see the ArticleReach LibGuide.
- Article Finder: This online tool allows researchers to enter an article citation and check the APU Libraries' collection for availability. If articles are available, links will be provided. If not, researchers have the option to submit the citation to ArticleReach to obtain the article from another library.
- Ovid Journals: This database provides electronic full text access to 56 Ovid nursing journals.
- Cambridge Collections Online: This is a new online collection of more than 1300 downloadable essays taken from the Cambridge Companions to Philosophy, Religion and Culture (more than 150 volumes). Each volume also includes a substantial bibliography and other elements such as glossaries and timelines.
- Past Masters: Several new volumes have been added to this collection of important primary texts of major theologians and philosophers, including the complete works of Augustine, Anselm, and Duns Scouts (forthcoming), and the early writings of Francis of Assisi.
- WilsonWeb/EBSCOhost merger: As a result of this merger, WilsonWeb databases are now available on the EBSCOhost platform, allowing for more extensive searches from a single interface.
- New LINK+ interface: LINK+ has a fresh, clean new look.
- Quick Search upgrade: Quick Search now offers advanced searching, and the number of article databases included in the search has been expanded from five to nine. In addition, book and article search results are now integrated, bringing article search results front-and-center for researchers.
- Content Pro upgrade: The APU Libraries' digital special collections database, Content Pro, has a new look and feel.
- Free Interlibrary Loan: All Interlibrary Loan services are now free of charge.
- Extended Friday hours for Ahmanson: The Ahmanson Technology Center in Darling Library (home to computers and study rooms) is now open until 7PM on Fridays.
- Food in Darling and Marshburn: Food and drinks (with a lid) are now allowed in the Darling and Marshburn libraries. The Stamps Theological Library will remain a no-food area.
- Library Fine Amnesty: For a limited time, the APU Libraries will forgive library fines upon request. To have your fines waived, you must call or visit any of the APU Libraries between February 14th and 29th.
To be the first to learn about new library resources and services, follow the APU Libraries on Twitter and Facebook!