Periodically, the Educational Programming department of the University Libraries will sponsor workshops that are open to the public. Check this page for an updated list of upcoming workshops.
Sumerian Seals from Ancient Mesopotamia
Azusa Pacific University Libraries’ Special Collections presents a teacher workshop on Sumerian seals from ancient Mesopotamia. Come learn how APU's cuneiform tablet and Sumerian seal collection can be used as primary resources in the teaching of ancient history through a cross-curricular Common Core approach.
In this hands-on workshop, attendees will:
- Study a sample of the various seals
- Learn how to make a seal in their classes
- Discover these items' significance in ancient history and how to incorporate them into lessons meeting California State
- History/Social Studies standards and framework
- Take away lesson strategies that can be used immediately in the classroom
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
Cost: $6.24 per teacher
Please note: Check-in begins at 8:30, and the program begins at 9:00. Light refreshments will be provided.
If you would like to attend this event, please register and pay online.
Azusa Pacific University
Darling Library, West Campus
701 E. Foothill Blvd.
Azusa, CA 91702
New Perspectives on the California Missions
Coming Fall 2017, this teacher workshop will cover material found in the National Center for History in the Schools' curriculum, "New Perspectives on the California Missions." More information will be coming soon!
Email any questions to LibraryEPO@apu.edu