Careers for Music Majors (B.M.)
- Orchestra Performer
- Band Performer
- Opera Singer
- Solo/Freelance Musician
- Studio Musician
- Pedagogue/Private Music Teacher
- Musical Theater Performer
The typical starting salary for a music major (B.M.) is $24,417. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $51,403.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit www.payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Music (B.M.) Degrees
- Principal Viola, Greenville Symphony Orchestra
- Mufasa, Broadway’s The Lion King
- Percussionist, Mic Firth’s Blast!
- Principal Cellist, Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana in Lugano, Switzerland
- Principal Bass, Kitchener-Waterloo Symphony
- Violinist, Los Angeles Philharmonic
- French Hornist, Ceremonial Brass, The United States Air Force Band, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.