At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Transition to a Helping Profession
The Entry-level Master’s in Nursing (ELM) program is a direct entry nursing program designed to provide graduate nursing education for those who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees in other disciplines. It includes accelerated learning in basic nursing sufficient to prepare students to take the NCLEX-RN licensure examination, and preparation for advanced nursing practice.
- This direct entry nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN).
- Graduates are eligible for the California Registered Nurse License and Public Health Nursing Certificate.
- MSN graduates are eligible to apply to the state of California for certification as a clinical nurse specialist and/or as a nurse practitioner.
- MSN graduates with certain specializations may also apply for a national credential by examination through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Clinical experiences include hospital care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the underserved, the poor, and the homeless.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from experienced faculty.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
Learn more about the entry level nursing program and our faculty.
School of Nursing Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, programs in the nursing school are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.