Family Nurse Pracitioner (FNP)
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) Post-Master’s Certificate is designed as a non-degree course credit option for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing.* This program promotes primary health care skills through didactic education and clinical supervision, which prepares the nurse for licensure by the state of California and for national certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner.
*Students may be given transfer credits for previous content completed in a master’s degree program.
- Graduates may apply for national certification through examination by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, and may be eligible for California advanced practice certification.
- The program is designed for the working professional, offering evening lectures and customized clinical experiences.
- Students may enroll part-time and take advantage of summer courses.
- Clinical experiences include health care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the poor, the underserved, and the homeless.
- Students may receive traineeships (partial tuition reimbursement) when available through a federal grant.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from faculty who are experienced as clinical nurse specialists or nurse practitioners in a variety of settings.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
“The nursing programs at APU are challenging and respected in the professional field. When my teacher prayed for us all on my first day of class, I cried. It is amazing to study with like-minded people who integrate their faith into the learning process.”
School of Nursing Accreditation
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). In addition, programs in the nursing school are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.