- Observe and assess behaviors in a group setting in order to gauge their effectiveness.
- Take a complete health history and perform a head-to-toe physical exam competently.
- Apply pathophysiological principles and critical thinking skills to create a plan for patient care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the definition of nursing theory and the relevance of nursing theory to the practice and professionalism of nursing.
- Identify an awareness of his/her attitudes, stereotypes, and expectations and an openness to discovering the limitations these attitudes, stereotypes, and expectations place on the way he/she sees the world and others in the world.
The Accelerated RN to BSN program seeks to enhance and develop the following skills and competencies:
- Write clearly and accurately, including use of APA format.
- Convey clear and congruent verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Apply communication skills with individuals and larger groups.
- Use information technology to communicate when appropriate.
- Develop competent cross-cultural communication.
- Categorize, explain, and clarify the meaning of information.
- Examine ideas or arguments logically and critically.
- Assess the relevance and significance of claims or conclusions.
- Question evidence, consider alternatives, and draw conclusions from information.
- Describe data, present arguments, and justify claims clearly.
- Refine leadership, management, and professional decision-making skills.
- Initiate and participate in conflict resolution.
- Function as a change-agent to promote health and professional nursing practice.
- Function collaboratively as a leader and member of the health care team.
- Facilitate case management.
Professional Nursing Competencies
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care for individuals and aggregates.
- Provide spiritual care.
- Function in the role of patient advocate.
- Teach and promote health care in the community.
- Incorporate nursing research into nursing practice.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical accountability and responsibility.
- Integrate Christian values in personal and professional life.
- Accept responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Articulate the value of service to the community.