At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Students in the Online Accelerated RN to BSN will:
- Observe and assess behaviors in a group setting in order to gauge their effectiveness.
- Take a complete health history and perform a head-to-toe physical exam competently.
- Apply pathophysiological principles and critical thinking skills to create a plan for patient care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the definition of nursing theory and the relevance of nursing theory to the practice and professionalism of nursing.
- Identify an awareness of his/her attitudes, stereotypes, and expectations and an openness to discovering the limitations these attitudes, stereotypes, and expectations place on the way he/she sees the world and others in the world.
The Online Nursing RN to BSN accelerated program seeks to enhance and develop the following skills and competencies:
- Write clearly and accurately, including use of APA format.
- Convey clear and congruent verbal and nonverbal messages.
- Apply communication skills with individuals and larger groups.
- Use information technology to communicate when appropriate.
- Develop competent cross-cultural communication.
- Categorize, explain, and clarify the meaning of information.
- Examine ideas or arguments logically and critically.
- Assess the relevance and significance of claims or conclusions.
- Question evidence, consider alternatives, and draw conclusions from information.
- Describe data, present arguments, and justify claims clearly.
- Refine leadership, management, and professional decision-making skills.
- Initiate and participate in conflict resolution.
- Function as a change-agent to promote health and professional nursing practice.
- Function collaboratively as a leader and member of the health care team.
- Facilitate case management.
Professional Nursing Competencies
- Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate nursing care for individuals and aggregates.
- Provide spiritual care.
- Function in the role of patient advocate.
- Teach and promote health care in the community.
- Incorporate nursing research into nursing practice.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical accountability and responsibility.
- Integrate Christian values in personal and professional life.
- Accept responsibility for personal and professional growth.
- Articulate the value of service to the community.