Assessment and Program Review
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment provides central leadership and support for the university’s and individual departments' institutional assessment activities. In regards to assessment and program review, our job is to:
- Establish and promote a university assessment plan and process.
- Provide assessment consultation for all academic and educational support units, the Office of Student Life, and selected administrative units, with emphasis on academic planning, stating outcomes (student learning, faith integration, and institutional capacity), and assessment strategies.
- Provide financial support (mini-grants) to foster innovative assessment practices.
- Oversee a university-wide, web-based assessment reporting system.
- Serve as the campus clearinghouse for information on best practices in assessment.
- Sponsor assessment training and workshops.
- Coordinate the program review process and facilitate its reporting and approval systems.
- Assist campus offices in gathering and interpreting general information about student achievement and the university's learning environment.
The office is available to assist any APU unit or office seeking to answer the question: “How do we know we are doing what we say we are doing?”