About the Office
Founded as the Training School for Christian Workers in 1899, Azusa Pacific University continues to mobilize students, faculty, staff, and alumni across borders, cultures, and languages to participate with God’s global service through the Office of World Missions (OWM) in local and global settings.
OWM offers three programs that educate and empower participants to serve in various capacities locally, nationally, and internationally through short-term missions in more than 20-plus countries annually. These programs include Global Vision Week, Global Relief, and, our most prominent, Focus International. Participants continue to live a life of worldwide service by teaching overseas, working in medical capacities, and creating sustainable development in both the private and public sector through organizations such as the Peace Corps and World Vision.
For more information on ways to develop a mission mindset and lifestyle, check out opportunities with Urbana and Lausanne.
- Medical Missions Practicum (BIOL 391)
- Introduction to Christian Missions (MINC 105)
- Christian Missions in the 21st Century (MINC 405)
Students who participate in outreach ministries through APU can:
- Learn and grow spiritually through hands-on experience in local and global missions work.
- Witness firsthand how lives are transformed by the love and power of Jesus Christ.
- Join fellow APU students, as well as faculty and staff, on short-term mission trips to places like Camden (New Jersey), Kenya, Laos, Peru, India, Czech Republic, and more.
- Celebrate God’s global diversity through on-campus events such as Global Vision Week, and through personal relationships with APU’s international students.
“My mission experience finally took my faith to the physical level of really doing rather than being, living rather than thinking, and seeing rather than just dreaming the path God set out for me.” –Lindsay Wetenkamp ’08