As part of the Azusa Pacific University's Center for Student Action, the Office of World Missions provides young adults with opportunities to understand God's global mission that they may develop a more incarnational lifestyle while partnering with the Global Church.
Developing hearts and minds for missions.
We strive with vibrant spiritual preparation for the following goals:
- To understand God’s global mission.
- To partner with the global Church of Jesus Christ.
- To develop a more incarnational lifestyle.
Statement of Values
The values of the Office of World Missions are Christ-centeredness, People, Mission, Stewardship, and Development.
- Being Christ-centered means that we seek to always be grounded in prayer, biblically based, Holy Spirit-driven, and listening to and being sensitive to God’s voice. Our identity in Christ is expressed through celebration, fun, and good times!
- Focusing on People means our relationships with others take priority over all other activities and tasks. We will strive to be authentic, honest, truthful, loving, and respectful to those we come in contact with: students, faculty, staff, parents, missionaries, nationals, pastors, and all other off-campus relationships. Our desire is to be people of our word.
- Focusing on Mission means that we strive to uphold the standards of excellence for short-term missions, teach the biblical foundations of God’s missional heart, and respect cross-cultural partnerships by being learners and servants both on and off the field. Our office will strive to connect, study, and learn about the missional movement in the 21st century. We aim to be people of growth by allowing input and being willing to change. Our hope is to not be stagnant and complacent.
- Through Stewardship, we will be accountable, diligent, and upright with our time, finances, gifts, and resources.
- We are passionate about the holistic Development of our participants. Through teaching, training, experiential learning, and relationship-building, our goal is to develop global and missional-minded participants who are actively involved in the world today.