Shared Vision 2022
As members of the Azusa Pacific University community, we claim this vision together:
We will be a premier Christian university and a recognized leader in higher education, a city on a hill that reflects the life of Christ and shines the light of Truth.
This new Shared Vision 2022 provides inspiration and clarity to the direction of the university Board of Trustees, administration, faculty, staff, and students. The components of the vision identify APU's strategic priorities, bringing deeper clarity and direction to the future of the university. The university strategic priorities define institutional purposes and ensure that objectives of the university are met according to the plans initiated by various university stakeholders (e.g. administration, academics, cocurricular, and operations). These priorities are the strategic themes guiding the university forward in the strategic planning process.
Explore the components of APU's Shared Vision 2022.
Goal: We will nourish and advance our Christ-centered mission.
- We will submit to the Lordship of Christ and the authority of Scripture while wrestling with controversial ideas, difficult issues, and vexing questions.
- The university community will support, sustain, and affirm the APU identity, values, and ethos.
- Every student will be taught from an evangelical Christian worldview, developing their mind and shaping their character.
- We will continue to partner with and serve the Church in the redemptive work of God in the world.
- We will aspire to develop disciples and scholars with intellectual and moral virtue, who are active locally, nationally, and globally, making a transformational impact on culture and society.
Goal: We will have an academic reputation of excellence.
- We will be experts in faith integration, across every program and discipline.
- We will affirm, celebrate, and reward strong and effective teaching and instruction while we continue to build a culture of scholarship.
- We will actively engage the world in exploring God’s Truth through research and scholarship.
- We will advance God-honoring diversity and internationalization in teaching and scholarship.
- We will be a preferred destination for gifted faculty and students.
Goal: We will acknowledge that people (students, faculty, and staff) are created in the image of God and value them as the university’s most important resource.
- We will develop and maintain the highest standard of student (customer) service so that we are “student centered.”
- We will be an outstanding workplace and a preferred destination for employment, attracting, retaining, and developing an intergenerational and diverse world-class faculty, staff, and board, distinguished by their engagement with the APU mission.
- We will implement intentional development of people at all levels of the university, building capacity for excellence, both now and in the future.
- We will develop effective and efficient systems, promoting a mission-focused community.
Goal: We will be a financially strong institution capable of fulfilling our mission.
- We will develop innovative models for accessibility and affordability, supporting growth and financial stability.
- We will maintain an appropriate and resilient capital structure with a strong balance sheet.
- We will accomplish a comprehensive campaign to support and advance our vision and mission.
- We will advance APU through responsible, comprehensive enrollment strategies, matching relevant academic programs with diverse student populations.