Azusa Pacific University (APU) is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
APU has 13 professional accreditations (PDF), which are listed below:
- The School of Business and Management is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The School of Music is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- The School of Nursing is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- The School of Theology is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The Art and Design programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The Athletic Training Education Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The Doctor of Psychology Program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The School Psychology Program is accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- The Social Work Programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- The Teacher Education Programs are accredited by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE).
Azusa Pacific University is approved for the training of veterans under the Veterans’ Bill of Rights. The university is listed with the United States Department of Justice for training of students from foreign countries.
Institutional membership and accreditation documents are available in the Office of the Provost.
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.