I tell stories, real life stories about my experiences: what I have done, what I have seen, and what I have heard. I do not necessarily convey these experiences factually. Instead, I dress them up with elaborate fabrications some would call lies.
I pull images from my memories and experiences, taking them out of their original context and recreating them in scenes that seem to be parts of larger stories.
My works function as three-dimensional snapshots of an extended, perhaps endless mystery story. This allows for each of my pieces to have conversations between and among their counterparts.
MFA, Claremont Graduate University
B.A., Azusa Pacific University
- College of Music and the Arts: School of Visual and Performing Arts
- College of Music and the Arts
Courses Taught – Two-dimensional Design
– Sculptural Objects and Functional Art
– Mixed Media
– Sculptural Objects and Functional Art Processes
– Critical Issues in Art IV
By appointment only
Building One, Room 228, West Campus
Related APU News