Summer 2014 Schedule
Take Classes at APU this Summer
Summer courses give you an opportunity to wrap up a few general education requirements so you can graduate on time—or even early! To help your wallet, summer tuition is discounted on approximately 200 classes. Make this a productive summer.
- Deeply discounted tuition is only $524 per unit*
- Three short, intensive 5-week terms, a traditional 15-week term and a 12-week nursing term option.
- Classes offered throughout the day.
- Summer housing is available for APU students. Stay all summer (15 weeks) and receive a 50 percent discount.
- Registration opens March 17, 2014, and is first come, first served.
*Traditional undergraduate students only. Excludes nursing classes. APU scholarships are not available during summer terms.
ART 150Introduction to Art
ART 250Photography I
BIOL 101Fundamentals of Biology
BIOL 220General Microbiology
BIOL 250Human Anatomy
CHEM 152General Chemistry II
COMM 111Public Communication
ENGL 110Freshman Writing Seminar
MATH 110College Algebra
PSYC 110General Psychology
SPAN 101Elementary Spanish I
SPAN 102Elementary Spanish II
**Please note that this is not a full list of classes available. For a complete list of open classes, please visit the online class schedule.
Summer I: May 6–June 6
Summer II: June 9–July 11
Summer III: July 14–August 15
Summer Traditional 15-Week: May 6–August 15
Summer Nursing: May 6–July 24
View the academic calendar for term deadlines.
Current APU Students
- Register for summer courses through your One Stop tab on home.apu.edu, just like fall and spring registration. Summer registration begins March 17, 2014.
- Once you have registered, pay for your classes through CASHNet, just like you do during the school year. All students are enrolled in a two-month payment plan due on May 10 and June 10. Full summer 2014 balance is due by June 10 or at time of registration if registering after June 10.
Non-APU Students (including freshmen and transfer students starting at APU in Fall 2014)
- Apply for summer courses as a non-degree seeking student using the Summer 2014 Online Application. Keep in mind that enrollment in a summer term does not constitute acceptance into an APU degree program.
- Wait for an email confirmation that your application has been approved. This may take up to two business days. The email will include instructions on how to register for courses and pay your bill.
- A second email will follow with your home.apu.edu login information. Use that to log in to the One Stop tab to register for summer courses beginning March 17, 2014.
- Once you have registered, pay for your classes through CASHNet (available in your Student Center). All students are enrolled in a two month payment plan due on May 10 and June 10. Full summer 2014 balance is due by June 10 or at time of registration if registering after June 10. Please note, as a non-APU student you will be charged a one time $100 university services fee for summer 2014.
APU students have the option of living on campus for all or part of the summer. For more information on how to obtain summer housing, visit the Housing Signup page and download the Summer 2014 Housing Options (PDF).
- For more information about enrolling in summer term(s) as a non-degree seeking student, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at 1-800-TALK APU.
- For help completing the online registration process, please contact the One Stop Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center at (888) 788-6090.
- To make a payment for summer courses, contact the One Stop Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center at (888) 788-6090.