Careers for Accounting Majors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Managerial Accountant (CMA)
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Tax Consultant
- Government: IRS or FBI agent, forensic accountant
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Trusted Business Advisor
An accounting major’s typical starting salary is $41,341. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $72,560.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit www.payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Accounting Degrees
- Tax Associate, RSM McGladrey
- Chief Operating Officer, National Trust Community Investment Corporation
- Managing Director, Beacon Hill Financial
- Corporate Director of Accounting, Hostmark Hospitality Group
- President and Chief Operating Officer, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Audit Partner, Ernst & Young, Retail, Consumer Products Practice
- Vice President and Group Controller, CNN Worldwide
- Managing Partner, KPMG, Raleigh, N.C.
- Director of TV and Cable Productions, Walt Disney Studios
- Treasurer and Controller, Penske Corporation