Azusa Pacific University’s Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) program can help illuminate God’s plan for you, preparing you for practical, effective ministry. The D.Min. is the highest professional degree in the practice of ministry, and builds on education received through the Master of Divinity and on experience gained in the practice of ministry. Azusa Pacific’s D.Min. program focuses on personal spiritual formation, helping students develop habits for continued growth and the skills today’s ministry leaders need. The program is available in English and Korean.
In addition to the traditional D.Min., there are two other options available for students with more specialized interests. The emphasis in transformational servant leadership, available only at the San Diego Regional Center, prepares students to offer a transformational vision of leadership to others. And for those seeking a D.Min. with more of a missional focus, the program is available in a missional church leadership cohort.
- Builds on and develops the professional competence in ministry achieved in the M.Div. Program.
- Requires students to showcase specific skills in a specialized area of ministry related to the student’s personal experience and interest through research and writing at both the theoretical and practical levels.
- Allows for concentrated classroom experience involving significant interaction with a faculty instructor in a peer-learning, seminar format.
- Learn the theory and practice of personal spiritual formation.
- Develop habits for continued spiritual growth.
- Gain knowledge of leadership development and styles, and learn how to apply it to ministry.
- Study historical and contemporary church movements and reflect on today’s concerns in the practice of ministry.
- Contribute to the greater Christian community through completion of a written doctoral project.
- Ideal for pastors with an M.Div. and ministry experience
Azusa Pacific Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.