General D.Min. Track
Azusa Pacific’s D.Min. program is ideal for pastors who are seeking to advance in their career or reenergize their ministry. Coursework helps students learn about leadership development and styles and how to apply that to ministry, then contribute to the greater Christian community through completion of a written doctoral project.
The general D.Min. track gives students the opportunity to:
- build on and develop the professional competence in ministry achieved in the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program;
- showcase specific skills in a specialized area of ministry related to the student’s personal experience and interest through research and writing at both the theoretical and practical levels;
- develop habits for continued growth and the skills today’s ministry leaders need;
- engage in a concentrated classroom experience involving significant interaction with an expert faculty instructor in a peer-learning, seminar format; and
- study historical and contemporary church movements and reflect on today’s concerns in the practice of ministry.