Kern Scholar Program
The Kern Scholar Program is designed for younger men and women who are committed to serving God in local congregations after completing a Master of Divinity degree. The program fully funds tuition for the three-year program for at least seven new students per year.
Those who are selected to be Kern Scholars will join a learning community in which students progress together toward their academic and ministry goals. They take selected classes together and come together for social events, retreats, and other activities. The program is sponsored by the Kern Family Foundation of Waukesha, Wisconsin.
In order to qualify for the Kern Scholar Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- 27 years of age or younger by the second Friday of April
- Undergraduate grade-point average (GPA) of 3.25 or higher on a 4.0 scale from an accredited institution
- Commitment to full-time ministry in a local church
- U.S. citizenship
- Commitment to participate in community-building activities, meetings with Kern Family Foundation representatives, and a Kern Scholars Retreat
- Acceptance into the M.Div. program
(Apply for the M.Div. online or call (626) 815-4565 to request a printed application.)
- Commitment to complete the M.Div degree in three years
Once accepted as a Kern Scholar, students must take all courses on APU’s main campus in Azusa, California, and maintain a 3.25 GPA throughout the course of the program.
The Kern Scholars application deadline for fall 2014 enrollment is Friday, April 18, 2014.
How to Apply
In order to apply, you must also fill out and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), available online at fafsa.ed.gov.
If you would like additional information on the Kern Scholar Program, contact Audie Diggs at firstname.lastname@example.org or (626) 815-4564, or write the Kern Scholar Program director at:
Azusa Pacific Seminary
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000