At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Church Leadership and Development (Azusa, Los Angeles, San Diego)
- Urban Studies (Azusa, Los Angeles, San Diego)
- Worship Leadership (Azusa)
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
All stated financial information is subject to change. View additional tuition information.
Transform the World with Christ
Preparing for practical, effective ministry starts with a journey of personal transformation, and Azusa Pacific can help you chart a new course in your ministry with the Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies (MAPS) program. Through a combination of classroom instruction—48 units in biblical, theological, and ministerial studies—and supervised ministry experience, students develop a practical theology of church leadership and concentrate on one area of ministry: church leadership and development, urban studies, or general electives. Whichever area you choose, Azusa Pacific will help you transform the world with Christ.
- Ideal for pastors or lay pastors looking to further their ministry skills.
- 60-unit total course load allows students to maintain upper-division ministry commitments.
- 1:20 professor-student ratio optimizes learning.
- Students may study in Spanish as well as in English.
- Uses a student’s ministry commitment as a learning venue.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
Azusa Pacific Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2016 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 175 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 124 institutions in the 2016 Best Colleges in the West, and G.I. Jobs named APU a Military Friendly School for 2016, placing APU among the top 15 percent of schools in the country helping military students reach their educational dreams.