At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Biblical Studies
Preparing for practical, effective ministry starts with a journey of personal transformation, and Azusa Pacific can help you take that next step with the Master of Divinity (M.Div.) program, which equips pastors and lay leaders for professional ministry in the Church. This program gives students basic training in theological and ministerial studies through rigorous coursework and ongoing supervised ministry, and is also available with an emphasis in Biblical Studies.
- Learn to navigate the complexities of pastoral work through on-site internships.
- Develop transformational mentoring relationships with HGST faculty who are equipped with academic credentials and years of ministerial experience.
- Benefit from an excellent professor-to-student ratio of 1:20.
- Geared toward the pastor seeking ordination and possibly interested in a D.Min.
- Earn the recognized theology degree for ordination.
- Develop foundational understanding of the basics that comprise theological study: Bible, language, ministry, ethics, and practicum training.
- Institute patterns of effective ministry through a combination of classroom instruction, peer-to-peer learning, and practical application.
- Utilize resources from church history and systematic theology to shape contemporary ministry.
- Have global awareness of the church and its ministry.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
Azusa Pacific Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.