At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Areas of Study
- Biblical Studies
- Theology and Ethics
Transform the World with Christ
Preparing for practical, effective ministry starts with a journey of personal transformation, and Azusa Pacific can help you take your ministry in a new direction with the Master of Arts (Theological Studies) program, which is designed for students who desire advanced academic training in biblical studies or theology and ethics in preparation for teaching in Christian schools or colleges. It may also serve as the foundation for doctoral studies in biblical studies or theology and ethics. Either way, this program will prepare you to transform the world with Christ.
Meet the Faculty
Karen Strand Winslow, Ph.D., is professor and chair of the Department of Biblical Studies, and director of the M.A. (Theological Studies) program, at Azusa Pacific Seminary.
Get to know our program faculty.
- Can be earned in 24 months (if done on a full-time basis)
- Courses taught by professors who are recognized scholars in the fields of Biblical Studies and Theology and Ethics
- Biblical languages required
- Prepares students to teach in Christian schools and colleges
- Develops a basic foundation in the biblical and theological disciplines
- Offers specialized training in either Biblical Studies or Theology and Ethics
- Suits students with a B.A. in Bible and interest in a Ph.D. in Bible or theology.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
Azusa Pacific Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University continues to be recognized annually among the nation’s best colleges, landing in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2014 rankings (Tier One, No. 173), and being named 1 of 124 institutions in The Princeton Review’s Best Western Colleges 2014.