At a Glance
Average completion time
Cost per unit
Powerful. Flexible. Practical.
The Master of Arts in Youth Ministry (MAYM) program prepares men and women for the specialized field of youth and family ministry, and offers several features that make this program unique:
Powerful: A Transformational Journey
- Study under some of the nation’s most knowledgeable and experienced youth and family ministry leaders, including Jim Burns, Doug Fields, Duffy Robbins, Marv Penner, Megan Hutchinson, Walt Mueller, and Mark DeVries.
- Embody and model a holy life that is being formed in faith, reflective of a Wesleyan heritage.
- Study Scripture historically and critically, emphasizing an inductive approach in its interpretation.
Flexible: Formats to Fit Your Lifestyle
- Choose from (1) online courses with one-week summer intensives, or (2) a traditional classroom setting.
- Comprises 48 units of biblical, theological, and youth ministry studies, including field education.
Practical: Putting Your Experience to Work
- Integrate personal and vocational development through disciplined reflection on ministerial, personal, and academic experiences to enhance learning and advance professionally.
- Practice Christian faith with global awareness and cultural sensitivity.
Learn more about the program and our faculty.
Note: This information is current for the 2013-14 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.