All academic and co-curricular programs are welcome to contact the Director of Student Learning Assessment and Program Review at any time to assist with assessment related efforts. Some of the ways I can be helpful to faculty and staff include workshops, team, and individual training around the following topics:
- Creating meaningful, manageable, and measurable student learning outcomes.
- Conducting focus groups and interviews as indirect assessment measures.
- Developing rubrics for that enable faculty to provide clearer and more timely feedback to students.
- Constructing strategic assessment plans.
- Utilizing assessment findings for continuous improvement of student learning.
- Curriculum mapping.
- Preparing for program review.
In addition to the above services, professionals in the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment (CTLA) are available to assist faculty in the following areas:
- Mapping SLOs to IDEA objectives.
- Designing course assignments that best assess an SLO.
- Course design for enhanced student learning.