Rev. Mike Platter
Azusa, West Campus (Nighttime)
Phone: (626) 963-7637
- D.Min. (candidate), Nothern Baptist Theological Seminary, Lombard, IL
- M.A., Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville (1992)
- B.A., Mid-America Nazarene College (now MNU), 1978
- Senior Pastor, Glendora Community Church, Glendora, CA (2005–Present)
- Adjunct Faculty, Southern Nazarene University, taught “Multiple Staff Ministry,” (2003–04)
- Executive Pastor, College Pastor (last 3 semesters), First Church of the Nazarene, Oklahoma City, OK (1999–2004)
- Pastor with Single Adults, First Church of the Nazarene, Pasadena, CA (1992–99)
- Associate Pastor (C.E., College Students, and Single Adults), Springdale Church of the Nazarene, Cincinnati, OH (1990–92)
- Associate Pastor with Single Adults, First Church of the Nazarene, Oskaloosa, IA (1985–90)
- Adjunct Faculty (Psychology and Sociology), Vennard College, Oskaloosa, IA (1986–87)
- Evaluator/Counselor, Lippman Rehabilitation Center, St. Louis, MO (1984–85)
- Graduate Assistant, Undergraduate Program Review, Southern Illinois University, Edwardsville, IL (1982–84)
- Minister with Youth, Oakland Church of the Nazarene, Cedar Rapids, IA (1979–82)
- Beeson Institute for Advanced Church Leadership, Asbury Seminary, Speaker for Module Eight (May 2002)
- Advisory Board, Deaconess Crisis Pregnancy Center (2002–Present)
- Interdenominational Committee for Redefinition of Single Adult Ministry Issues (2001–02; one of two persons representing the Church of the Nazarene)
- Fall Revival Speaker, Trevecca Nazarene University (1998 and 2001)
- Executive National Board Member, Network of Single Adult Leaders (NSL) (1994–99)
- SoloCon Speaker, Church of the Nazarene
- S.A.M. Conference Speaker, National Training Conferences for Single Adult Workers (several years)
- “Just Say, Whoa!” Pastor’s Family Magazine, April/May 1998, Focus on the Family Publishers.
- “The Religiously Correct Vacation.” Pastor’s Family Magazine, April/May 1997, Focus on the Family Publishers.
- “Dealing With Dating Realities.” Baker Handbook of Single Adult Ministry (Baker Books, 1997; reprint of the earlier chapter written for Victor Books). Edited by D. Fagerstrom.
- “The Dysfunctional Family Background.” Counseling Single Adults (Baker Books, 1996). Edited by D. Fagerstrom.
- “Dealing With Dating Realities.” Single Adult Ministry: The Next Step (Victor Books, 1993). Edited by D. Fagerstrom.
- “How to Begin Single Adult Ministry in the Local Church.” The Faces of Single Adult Ministry (Beacon Hill Press, 1990). Edited by Linda Hardin.