Strengths Certification Training 2014
Higher Education Leadership
and Student Success
Azusa Pacific University | President’s Dining Room , East Campus
Limited to 18 participants
Registration Fee: $550
This general-purpose certification in strengths-oriented higher education is ideally suited for department chairs, program directors, and select practitioners who are seeking a deeper understanding of how the strengths perspective can be applied to effectively develop leaders, build effective teams, and promote student success.
Training topics will include:
- Understanding how to lead and supervise faculty, staff, and students from a strengths orientation.
- Identifying ways to shape a strengths culture and manage change from a strengths perspective.
- Discovering how to design effective learning environments and programming to engage students and develop their strengths.
- Learning strategies to effectively teach diverse learners and accommodate varying learning styles that enable students to thrive academically.
- Exploring research-based approaches to creating a thriving community that values diversity and acknowledges the unique contributions of others.
Thursday, April 3
|10–10:30 a.m.||Registration – APU East Campus, President's Dining Room|
|10:30–11:15 a.m.||Tour of West Campus|
|11:15–11:30 a.m.||Trolley to East Campus|
|11:30–12:30 a.m.||Tour of East Campus|
|12:30–1 p.m.||Lunch – President's Dining Room|
|1–5 p.m.||Strengths-Oriented Leadership (Part I)|
Friday, April 4
|9–12:30 p.m.||Strengths-Oriented Leadership (Part II)|
|1–5 p.m.||Student Success (Part I)|
Saturday, April 5
|9 a.m.–12 p.m.||Student Success (Part II and III)|
|12–12:30 p.m.||Lunch and Issuing of Certifications|
Note: you will be redirected to APU’s Office of Alumni and Parent Relations website to complete your registration. All conference registration fees are nonrefundable.