Strengths-Oriented Leadership and Student Success in Higher EducationOctober 7–9, 2014
Azusa Pacific University | Los Angeles Pacific College Board Room (LAPC), East Campus
Limited to 25 participants
Registration Fee: $550
This general-purpose certification in strengths-oriented higher education is ideally suited for department chairs, program directors, and select practitioners who are seeking a deeper understanding of how the strengths perspective can be applied to effectively develop leaders, build effective teams, and promote student success.
Training topics will include:
- Understanding how to lead and supervise faculty, staff, and students from a strengths orientation.
- Identifying ways to shape a strengths culture and manage change from a strengths perspective.
- Discovering how to design effective learning environments and programming to engage students and develop their strengths.
- Learning strategies to effectively teach diverse learners and accommodate varying learning styles that enable students to thrive academically.
- Exploring research-based approaches to creating a thriving community that values diversity and acknowledges the unique contributions of others.
Tuesday, October 7
|10–10:30 a.m.||Registration, APU East Campus|
|10:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.||Tour of APU Campus|
|12:30–1 p.m.||Lunch, LAPC|
|1–5 p.m.||Strengths-Oriented Leadership (Part I)|
Wednesday, October 8
|9 a.m.–12 p.m.||Strengths-Oriented Leadership (Part II)|
|1–5 p.m.||Student Success (Part I)|
Thursday, October 9
|9 a.m.–12 p.m.||Student Success (Part II)|
|1–4 p.m.||Student Success (Part III)|
|4–4:15 p.m.||Issuing of Certifications|
Note: You will be redirected to APU’s Office of Alumni and Parent Relations website to complete your registration. All conference registration fees are nonrefundable.