About the Center
Our world today has become much smaller with the evolution of technology and the sophistication of modern travel. Students must be well-equipped and prepared to flourish in this increasingly borderless international community. The Center for Global Learning and Engagement provides multiple opportunities for freshmen through senior students to enhance their educational experience. Explore our program offerings.
The Center for Global Learning and Engagement carries out the university’s academic vision to deliberately and strategically “integrate an intercultural and international dimension into teaching, research, and service functions of the university,” through the creation and maintenance of innovative global learning opportunities, comprehensive guidance, preparation, and advising of students, and the creation of opportunities for faculty development and leadership in international education.
Students who study abroad at APU can:
- Choose from short-term, summer, fall, and spring opportunities in countries all over the world.
- Gain crosscultural experience that will give them a competitive advantage when applying to graduate schools or their first job.
- Open the door to worldwide careers and ministries, and expand their vocational opportunities.
- Get lots of help from our staff in planning and preparing for their study abroad experience, including financial, academic, and basic travel advice.
You should consider studying abroad if you:
- Would like to experience life and learning in another country.
- Enjoy traveling and exploring other cultures.
- Desire to develop crosscultural skills.
- Want to gain a global perspective.
- Would like to explore your faith within the context of another culture.