- APU Semester Programs
- APU Short-term Programs
- Additional Faith-Based Programs (Non-APU)
- Non-Faith-Based Colleges and Approved Programs
If you are considering participating in an international education program, please make an appointment with a global engagement mentor (GEM) or a study abroad coordinator to discuss potential programs that best fit your interests. The following international, semester, summer, and interterm programs have been approved to satisfy the institutional mission and academic standards of Azusa Pacific University.
APU Semester Programs
Tier A programs allow APU students to apply their FULL financial aid towards a study abroad semester, including ALL federal, state, and institutional (APU) aid. APU Scholarships requiring on-campus participation are not included.
The following are semester-long study abroad programs offered exclusively through Azusa Pacific University. In addition to providing a holistic approach to the semester abroad experience, these programs offer academic credit and automatic transfer of financial aid.
APU Short-term Programs
Although financial aid cannot be given for the sole purpose of a winter or summer program, any financial aid credit on your student account from a previous semester can be applied to a winter or summer program.
Each winter and summer, a variety of APU faculty provide students the opportunity to take APU courses abroad while traveling with the faculty in locations around the world. Past locations have included England, China, Mexico, Israel, Lithuania, Italy, France, Thailand, Kenya, Ireland, India, and many more. Please see below for samples of a few past summer programs, but contact the Center for Global Learning & Engagement for upcoming courses and locations since they vary from year to year.
- Asia Summer Program – School of Business and Management
- Cultural History Travel Study
- Europe Summer Program – School of Business and Management
- Israel Summer Travel-Study Program
- Spanish Studies Program: Domincan Republic
- TESOL Summer Program
Additional Faith-Based Programs (Non-APU)
The following programs are provided by non-APU faith-based institutions and often include a spiritual component as a key aspect of the study abroad experience.
Tier B programs allow APU students to apply federal and state financial aid, and APU academic/merit-based scholarships (President’s, Deans’, etc.).
- American Studies Program (ASP)
- Australia Studies Centre (ASC)
- China Studies Program (CSP)
- Contemporary Music Center (CMC)
- India Studies Program (ISP)
- Latin America Studies Program (LASP)
- Los Angeles Film Studies Center (LAFSC)
- Middle East Studies Program (MESP)
- Oxford Summer Programme (OSP)
- Uganda Studies Program (USP)
- Washington Journalism Center (WJC)
Geneva College Program
Tier C allows APU students to apply their FULL federal and state financial aid. At this time, no institutional aid can be processed for these programs. Students have the option to register for the program’s courses through APU or students can take a “Leave of Absence” from APU for the semester and register for their term abroad through the institutions/organizations.
Gordon College Programs
Other Faith-based Colleges and Programs
- AuSable Institute of Environmental Studies
- Biola Heidelberg Semester
- Creation Care Studies Program
- EduVenture: Indonesia
- Focus Leadership Institute
- Jerusalem University College
- LCC International University
- Semester in Spain (SIS)
- Semester in Ecuador (Trinity Christian College)
Non-Faith-Based Colleges and Approved Programs
The following programs are administered by well-established and reputable institutions outside Azusa Pacific University. They offer students a wide variety of destinations and courses of study, and meet APU’s education, health, and safety standards.
- The College of Global Studies at Arcadia University
- Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE)
- GlobaLinks: AustraLearn
- L’Abbaye, Pontlevoy, France
Travel offerings are subject to current world events.