At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
Careers for Philosophy Majors
- Careers in international development, information technology, or business consultation
- Careers needing complex reasoning capabilities and imaginative problem resolution
- Politician/Civil Servant
A philosophy major’s typical starting salary is $43,500. The typical salary after 10-19 years is $73,842.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Philosophy Degrees
- Assistant Director for Grassroots Campaigns, INC
- Research Coordinator, Department of Preventative and Behavioral Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Business Analyst, Deloitte Consulting
- Director of Development, Silva Project
- Analyst, U.S. Senate
- Administrator, Head Start Centers
- Chief Trial Judge, U.S. Army
- Clerk, United States Court of Appeals Judge David Ebel, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Lawyer, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Coastal Ecologist
- Senior Vice President, AC Nielsen Corp