At a Glance
*Base Cost (cost per unit x program units) is provided to aid in program comparison only.
APU’s biblical studies major provides a strong, scholarly foundation and framework for Christian belief and practice through academic study of the Scriptures, biblical background and history, ancient and modern interpretations of the Bible, and scriptural applications in contemporary life and community. Coursework investigates a variety of approaches to the Bible while affirming the ongoing relevance and authority of the Scriptures, and conducts a thorough study of the Bible in dialogue with theology, church history, philosophy, art, science, and the practice of ministry. Biblical studies majors leave APU with a greater understanding of the Bible and how it applies to today’s world.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a biblical studies major if you:
- Are considering graduate study in biblical studies or a related field.
- Are preparing for a career in pastoral ministry or Christian education.
- Are preparing to enter the mission field.
- Want to be a professional writer in biblical studies or a related field.
- Want to explore the foundations of Christian belief.
- Have an interest in ancient culture and history.
- Are interested in how God speaks to human beings.
Learn more about this major and required courses.