The Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.) represents the highest professional degree in the practice of ministry. It builds on education received through the Master of Divinity and on experience gained in the practice of ministry. The Doctor of Ministry offered by the Graduate School of Theology focuses on spiritual formation and ministry leadership. It helps students grow personally and spiritually, develop cutting-edge skills and competence in the practice of ministry, and make scholarly contributions to the field of ministry practice. The D.Min. Program is available in English and Korean.
Note: An M.Div. or an M.Div. equivalent from an ATS-accredited institution is required. Learn more about admission requirements.
- Builds on and develops the professional competence in ministry achieved in the M.Div. Program.
- Requires students to showcase specific skills in a specialized area of ministry related to the student’s personal experience and interest through research and writing at both the theoretical and practical levels.
- Allows for concentrated classroom experience involving significant interaction with a faculty instructor in a peer-learning, seminar format.
- Learn the theory and practice of personal spiritual formation.
- Develop habits for continued spiritual growth.
- Gain knowledge of leadership development and styles, and learn how to apply it to ministry.
- Study historical and contemporary church movements and reflect on today’s concerns in the practice of ministry.
- Contribute to the greater Christian community through completion of a written doctoral project.
- Ideal for pastors with an M.Div. and ministry experience
The Graduate School of Theology is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University held its place in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 179 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 121 institutions in the 2012 Best Colleges in the West for the seventh consecutive year.