The Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies program prepares men and women for a specialized field of church ministry through a program of study comprising 60 units in biblical, theological, and ministerial studies. An important feature of the program is its intentional integration of academic and experiential components; students must engage in some form of supervised ministry during their degree program.
- Ideal for pastors or lay pastors looking to further their ministry skills.
- 60-unit total course load allows students to maintain upper-division ministry commitments.
- 1:20 professor-student ratio optimizes learning.
- Students may study in Spanish as well as in English.
- The program uses student’s ministry commitment as a learning venue.
The Graduate School of Theology is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University held its place in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 179 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 121 institutions in the 2012 Best Colleges in the West for the seventh consecutive year.