The Master of Arts (Theological Studies) program is designed for students who desire advanced academic training in biblical studies or theology and ethics in preparation for teaching in Christian schools or colleges. It may also serve as the foundation for doctoral studies in biblical studies or theology and ethics.
- Can be earned in 24 months (if done on a full-time basis)
- Courses taught by professors who are recognized scholars in the fields of Biblical Studies and Theology and Ethics
- Biblical languages required
- Prepares students to teach in Christian schools and colleges
- Develops a basic foundation in the biblical and theological disciplines
- Offers specialized training in either Biblical Studies or Theology and Ethics
- Suits students with a B.A. in Bible and interest in a Ph.D. in Bible or theology.
The Graduate School of Theology is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS). Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
ATS Commission on Accrediting
10 Summit Park Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15275
Phone: (412) 788-6505
Fax: (412) 788-6510
Western Association of Schools and Colleges
985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100
Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-9001
Fax: (510) 748-9797
Azusa Pacific University held its place in the most prestigious category of U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2013 rankings, placing in Tier One at No. 179 in the National Universities category. In addition, The Princeton Review named APU as 1 of 121 institutions in the 2012 Best Colleges in the West for the seventh consecutive year.