Frequently Asked Questions
Application and Hiring Procedure
What documents should I have prepared before I begin the online application?
- Previous employment information (dates, salary information, name of supervisor, contact information)
- References (name, contact information)
- Faith Statement: Briefly relate your personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Church of regular attendance (name, contact information)
- (FACULTY ONLY) Essay responses to the following questions:
- Because all faculty members are expected to sign the Statement of Faith, please provide a written response to the statement. This response should reflect your own beliefs and faith practices, and should indicate to what extent you are in agreement with the university’s Statement of Faith.
- As a Christ-centered university, there is an intentional effort to integrate the Christian faith within each of the disciplines taught. As you think about teaching within your discipline, how will you integrate your faith with the content of your discipline?
- After reading the Mission Statement and Statement of Faith, please describe how you see yourself fitting with the mission and purpose of UC. What do you find most attractive about teaching at UC? What do you see as your major contribution to furthering the mission of the university?
- Describe your relationship with Jesus Christ and your level of participation in your church/faith community.
How do I apply for a position if I already have an application on file with University College?
If you have previously submitted an online application and would like to add it to another position, you may contact the Office of Human Resources and request that your original application be duplicated for consideration in the new candidate pool. You may also submit a new application if any information has changed since you previously applied.
Do I need a resume in order to apply for a position?
No, but it is highly recommended. You will have the option to upload your resume in the following supported formats: Word, PDF, RTF, Text, and HTML.
How should my cover letter be addressed?
Cover letters can be addressed to the Interview Committee.
Where do I find the contact information for the hiring manager?
By policy, the Office of Human Resources does not disclose contact information for the hiring manager. All questions or concerns can be addressed by a representative in the Office of Human Resources.
How do I know if my application has been received?
All candidates should receive a system-generated email when their application has been successfully submitted. If you do not receive an email, check your spam folder before contacting our office.
How long does the hiring process take?
Each position is unique so there is not a standard length of time. However, if selected, you will be contacted for next steps. Also, you will be notified if the position has been filled with a different candidate.
What should I do if I forgot my password?
Go to the login screen and click on “Retrieve your login.” You will need to enter your email address that you used the first time you applied. Once submitted, if there is an account tied to your email address, a message will be sent to the email address you entered. Your username and password will be included in the body of the email.
How can I find out the status of my application?
By policy we do not disclose the status of your application. You may receive a communication from our office at one of the following times:
- Human Resources or the hiring manager may reach out to you if you have been selected for an interview.
- Human Resources may contact you via email if your application is no longer being considered for the position.
- Human Resources will contact remaining candidates via email once the position has been filled.