Apply for Aid

Step 1: FAFSA

  • Complete your FAFSA online. Azusa Pacific’s federal code is 001117.
  • Your FAFSA can be completed as early as January 1. The FAFSA must be received by the University College's Office of Student Financial Services before registering in the corresponding award year.
  • If you do not wish to apply for financial aid, contact Student Financial Services at or (626) 857-2461 so we may update your account.

Step 2: GPA Verification Form (required for the Cal Grant, which is for California residents only)

  • Before you fill out this form, check with your high school or college. Most schools can send GPA information electronically.
  • The GPA Verification Form is available online at
  • The GPA Verification Form must be submitted by the firm deadline of March 2.
  • If you received a Cal Grant last year, you don’t need to complete another GPA Verification Form.

Important Tips Regarding Financial Aid

  • Apply early! We really can’t stress this enough!
  • Use your legal name on all documents (e.g., the name on your Social Security card).
  • Keep a copy of everything you submit.
  • Ask questions. We know this process can be pretty confusing. That’s why we’re here:
    • New students: Check in with your program representative.
    • Returning students: Contact your success coach.

What to Expect

Financial Aid Award Letter

After your FAFSA paperwork is processed, you will receive a financial aid award letter. Your financial aid award letter is very important. It will show you an estimated financial aid package based on the information you listed on your FAFSA. You will also see a list of items you will need to complete and return to Student Financial Services to complete the financial aid process.

If you are a new student, you will receive your award letter once you have completed the admissions process and are accepted to UC. If you are a continuing student, you will receive an award letter once your financial aid file is complete.

Once you receive your award letter, feel free to contact us and we can review it with you in case there are items you do not fully understand. You can reach us at or (626) 857-2461.

Outside Scholarships and Aid

If you are awarded non-UC scholarships or other aid, please notify Student Financial Services immediately. These amounts will need to be added to your financial aid award letter.


The Department of Education selects about 30 percent of the FAFSAs filed for a process called verification. If you are selected for verification, Student Financial Services will request additional documentation from you. Signed documents must be received and processed by Student Financial Services before financial aid can be disbursed.

Additional Forms

To complete the financial aid process, you may need to fill out additional financial aid forms. Most financial aid forms can be found on the Forms page. You can also request forms by emailing us at

Email your completed, signed forms to You may also fax your forms to (626) 276-7034 or mail them to:

University College
Student Financial Services
300 N. Lone Hill Ave., Ste. 200
San Dimas, CA 91773

Once all request forms have been received, we will review your file. If your award amount has changed, you will receive a revised award letter.

Financial Aid Distribution

When loans disburse to your student account, you will receive a disbursement letter from Student Financial Services.

Additional Information

For additional assistance in filling out the FAFSA form, contact the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID and a specialist will be happy to assist you.

The College Board offers free, convenient worksheets to help you estimate your federal expected family contribution and to help you determine your capacity to take on educational loan debt.

You may also contact the U.S. Department of Education online.


The Office of Student Financial Services is here to help you through the financial aid process. Feel free to contact us at or (626) 857-2461.