Liberal Studies Degree
The Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies degree is an innovative accelerated teaching degree program designed to help prospective elementary school and special education teachers complete their bachelor’s degree while gaining valuable subject-matter preparation for a successful teaching career.
The program equips experienced adult learners, many of whom are working in classrooms as paraeducators, to draw upon their rich experiences in school settings.
Learn more about the career opportunities available with a B.A. in Liberal Studies.
- Develop your own philosophy of education based on your understanding of ethical and worldview theories
- Integrate principles of Christian faith and learning into a variety of subject matter
- Demonstrate subject-matter competence by passing the CSET (Multiple Subjects)
- Use your understanding of your strengths, learning styles, and temperament to assess K–6 student needs
- Analyze problems, assess information representing a variety of perspectives, and present solutions through skillful oral and written communication
About Our Students
Students in the B.A. in Liberal Studies program are:
- Prospective elementary school teachers or special education teachers
- Paraprofessionals, such as instructional aides, drawing upon their rich experiences
- Students with interests in the fields of clinical psychology, marriage and family therapy, counseling, and social work
- Adults interested in or currently teaching in private school settings or workplace staff development positions
- Adults seeking a general liberal arts bachelor’s degree