University College students have access to more than 140 online databases, including 46,000 electronic journals, 130,000 ebooks, a 24/7 reference service, and online tutorial guides by logging in using a UC username and UC Learner ID.
Log in to access library resources.
UC students who live locally to the Azusa campus may visit any of Azusa Pacific University’s libraries (the William V. Marshburn Memorial Library, the Hugh and Hazel Darling Library, and the James L. Stamps Theological Library) to access its resources and services.
24/7 Online Tutoring
As part of University College’s commitment to you and your academic achievement, the Center for Student Success is pleased to offer free online tutoring with Tutor.com. Expert tutors are on hand 24/7 (except holidays) to help you with assignments, concepts, and exam preparation. The service covers a wide range of subjects, including multiple areas of math, science, English, and business. You will work one on one with your tutor in an online classroom on your specific homework problem until it’s done.
Interested? Contact your success coach or Student Support Central to learn more about this service and setting up your account.
- Watch a student guide to see how Tutor.com works
- Discover Tutor.com’s online classroom feature
- Check out a sample Algebra session
Math Prerequisite Preparation
If you need to prepare for MATH 125 College Algebra, consider the following options:
- CalCampus: calcampus.edu/math.htm
- Regionally accredited by the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement
- 12–14-week courses
- Individual courses
- Contact for pricing
- California Virtual Campus: cvc.edu
- Assistance finding needed online classes from California colleges and universities
- Pricing varies
- Your local community college
- Local regional accreditation
- Possible online learning options
- Pricing varies
- Take MATH 099 Intermediate Algebra course
- MATH 099 is non-degree-applicable
- Class is 3 units and 8 weeks long
- Contact your success coach about course availability
- MATH 099 is a pass/fail course and a C- (70%) or better must be earned in order to place into MATH 125 College Algebra.
Math Placement Test Help
- Compass ACT: act.org/compass
- The Compass Test website contains sample test questions for placement tests.
Other Self-Help Resources
A variety of public resources are available for students seeking additional academic support.
- Khan Academy: khanacademy.org
- The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit with the goal of changing education for the better by providing a free world-class education to anyone anywhere.
- Fee based
- Math.com: math.com
- Dedicated to providing revolutionary ways for learners, parents, teachers, and everyone to learn math.
- Services include tutoring and homework help
- West Texas A&M University: wtamu.edu/academic/anns/mps/math/mathlab
- Virtual electronic math lab
- Courses in beginning, intermediate, and college Algebra
- Self-paced tutoring
- Fee based
Writing Skills Support
University College partners with the APU Writing Center to support students with any kind of writing project at any stage of the writing process. Learn more about workshops and about scheduling a consultation—in person, online, or at one of APU’s regional centers.