Promotional items are used at national and international recruitment fairs, conferences, and other events to introduce and maintain awareness of APU's presence in Christian higher education. Promotional items serve two purposes:
- To develop brand recognition for APU
- To give prospective customers the ability to contact the university
An item should be chosen based on the likelihood that it will be taken home and used, and achieves one of the two purposes above. The University Bookstore offers some promotional items in small quantities for special guests and small events. For larger quantities (50 or more), University Relations provides resources to meet your needs.
Policies and Standards
As a growing academic institution, Azusa Pacific University constantly seeks appropriate opportunities to develop brand recognition of the university and familiarize people with APU. One such venue is the use of promotional items that range in variety from pens and pencils to computer screen cleaners.
In order to maintain a consistent university image and presentation, it is important that university departments and offices adhere to the following promotional items guidelines when they seek to purchase promotional items for their particular department or office:
All General Brand Promotional Items Must:
- Display the APU logo.
- Display the university website address: apu.edu.
All Actionable* Promotional Items Must:
- Display the APU logo.
- Display apu.edu or apu.edu/subsitename/ (e.g., apu.edu/nursing/).
- Have the program, office, or department name.
- Have the program, office, or department contact information.
*Actionable items are ones that allow the customer to directly contact APU for a specific purpose, i.e., to procure information for a specific graduate program.
The following provides an overview of the promotional items purchase process.
- Client visits University Relations website, views standards and information, and contacts vendors.
- Vendor strategizes with client to meet objectives.
- Vendor creates sample or mock up.
- University Relations and client approve.
- Vendor invoices and delivers to client directly.
APU’s bookstore provides many promotional items in small quantities. Visit bookstore.apu.edu for the online store or peruse their selection in person on West Campus.
The following companies provide promotional items for APU in larger quantities (more than 50 items):
Contact: Joy Leslie
Phone: (909) 592-9665
Fax: (877) 858-3776
Contact: Kelly Taylor
Phone: (801) 918-9495
Fax: (877) 571-1789
Contact: Mike Machrone
Phone: (909) 673-1950
Fax: (909) 673-1970
Phone: (800) 548-1227
Fax: (503) 655-3181