Community Web Pages
The following information is intended to provide a general overview of the expectations and guidelines required for posting online content to the APU website. For a detailed explanation of university online communication standards, please visit the University Relations Policies and Standards page.
- Websites hosted by APU should not contain any of the following:
- Defamatory, abusive, or harassing material
- Offensive language
- Pornographic material
- Sexist or racist material
- APU websites should not contain any copyrighted material (graphics, photos, or text) without the author or publisher’s written consent.
- No personal data (e.g. home phone numbers, addresses, birthdates, etc.) should be used on a website without written permission.
- Visitors to the website should be able to identify exactly whose site they are viewing and understand its purpose.
- Content must be clear, short, and direct since readers tend to skip from page to page.
- Abbreviations and acronyms must be spelled the fist time they are used on a page.
- Any generated content should reflect the university’s high communication standards in terms of grammar, spelling, style, and voice.
- Do not include any slang or colloquialisms in any website content.
- Download a university style guide (PDF).
- Graphics should be optimized for a balance of quick downloads and quality presentation.
- Graphics should be sized and cropped in a photo editing software program before posting on a website.
- Links to all graphics should include the “alt” attribute in the image tag (<img>) to facilitate a better experience for visually impaired website visitors.
- Any website created by students, faculty, or staff should not use graphics from the university website without permission from University Relations.
- No APU website should contain copyrighted material without the author’s or publisher’s written permission.
- Download a university graphic style manual (PDF).