You may schedule an appointment for an online consultation, or you can schedule an in-person appointment. For in-person appointments, keep in mind the following:
- Appointments can be scheduled online up to 3 weeks in advance. We ask that writers schedule 30 minutes for every 5 pages of their paper, with a maximum of 60 minutes per day. This gives our writing consultants time to read through the paper and give constructive feedback.
- Writers who miss an appointment will be marked as a “no-show.” Writers with 3 missed appointments in one semester will forfeit the ability to schedule appointments for the remainder of the semester.
- If you need to cancel an appointment, log on to our online schedule or contact The Writing Center at (626) 815-6000, Ext. 3141, at least one hour in advance. By doing so, our staff can open the appointment to writers on our waiting list.
- Be sure to bring a hard copy of the paper to the appointment.
- If working on a paper for a specific class, bring a copy of the assignment or syllabus. It is helpful for the writing consultants to gain a better understanding of the expectations of the professor.