Calling Azusa “Home”
The weeks leading up to APU’s New Student Orientation are filled with excitement and anticipation. Students arrive anxious to begin the college journey and overflow with questions about what to expect. For many students moving away from home for the first time, some of these questions center on finding comfort in community and calling a new city “home.” Check out the list of local resources and favorite community spots below to help you prepare to make Azusa your home during your education journey. Welcome to APU!
- America's Christian Credit Union on Alosta Ave.1
- Wells Fargo on the corner of Grand Ave. and Route 662
- Chase on the corner of Alosta Ave. and Barranca Ave.1
- Bank of America on Foothill Blvd.2
- Citrus Crossing shopping center at Citrus and Alosta avenues offers several dining options within walking distance, including Chipotle, The Habit, Which Wich, Panda Express, Rolling Rice, Taco Bell, Kentucky Fried Chicken, and Pinkberry1
- Chick-fil-A, Pieology, and Yogurtland on Alosta Ave. and Citrus Ave.1
- Flappy Jack’s Pancake House on Route 662
- La Tolteca Mexican restaurant on Azusa Ave.2
- Donut Man roughly five minutes east on Route 662
- Foothill Community Church on Alosta Ave. near West Campus1
- Foothill Church on Baseline Road in Glendora2
- Grace Church of Glendora on Glendora Ave.2
- Fellowship Monrovia on Colorado Blvd., a few miles west off the 210 freeway
- Christ's Church of the Valley on Covina Blvd. in San Dimas
- Cornerstone Bible Church on Glendora Ave.2
- Redeemed Life Church on Azusa Ave. and 4th St.
View a complete list of local churches.
- Grocery stores within walking distance include Stater Bros. on Alosta Ave. and Grocery Outlet Bargain Market on Citrus Ave.1
- CVS Pharmacy on Citrus Ave.1
- Target on Azusa Ave.1
- IKEA Home Furnishings on Barranca Ave. in Covina
Learn more about the city of Azusa.
Posted: August 20, 2014