About the Athletic Compliance Office
The mission of the athletic compliance office of Azusa Pacific University is to assist students, faculty, and staff with fulfilling the God First mission of Azusa Pacific University and APU Athletics while operating within institutional compliance guidelines.
Functionally, the office directs, observes, and validates compliance with all NCAA and conference requirements, and educates athletics department staff members, student-athletes, and the Azusa Pacific community regarding NCAA regulations. The athletic compliance office and the institution as a whole are committed to the principle of institutional control in the operation of the athletics department in a way that is consistent with the rules and regulations of the NCAA and our affiliated conferences.
Primary Functions of the Compliance Office
- Ensure all members of the athletics department are current with NCAA and conference regulations.
- Assist prospective student-athletes in their transition to the NCAA by providing them the knowledge and resources to become the best student-athletes they can be at Azusa Pacific.
- Support current Azusa Pacific student-athletes with the information necessary to be successful in the classroom and in the gym.
- Provide Azusa Pacific faculty and staff with direction to ensure institutional control regarding the regulation of the NCAA and our conferences.
- Investigate and report violations to the NCAA and our conferences.
- If you have a general question, please feel free to send an email to the compliance administrator.
Welcome! Thank you for your interest in participating in Azusa Pacific University athletics. As your compliance staff, we are here to help out with the process of becoming an NCAA student-athlete. We are here to answer any questions you have and to ensure you are meeting the necessary timeline to become a student-athlete at Azusa Pacific. Please use the information and links below to aid in this process. If you ever need additional information, please let us know.
As a prospective student, it is crucial that you complete a number of steps to put yourself and our coaching staff in the best and most compliant position within which you may be recruited.
- Register yourself with the NCAA Eligibility Center as a prospective student-athlete.
- Visit apu.edu/athletics/ and complete the Prospective Student Athlete Questionnaire that can be found under the “recruiting” tab of each sport’s webpage.
- Visit apu.edu/apply/ and apply as a traditional undergraduate student for Azusa Pacific University.
To access your JumpForward account, please visit home.apu.edu.
Do’s and Don’ts for Azusa Pacific
Athletic Boosters, Alumni, and Friends
The following document provides Azusa Pacific alumni and friends with a basic understanding of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules and regulations for benefits to student-athletes and the intercollegiate athletics program. While this document does not include all applicable provisions, it does cover the most common situations encountered by alumni and friends.
Compliance with NCAA rules is of the highest priority to the Azusa Pacific athletics program and APU. As a member of the NCAA, Azusa Pacific is responsible for the actions of its alumni and fans. If you have any question–ask! Contact the compliance office or the athletics director at (626) 815-5087.
Azusa Pacific is pleased to have the loyal support of and continued interest in its athletic programs by our alumni and friends. As we strive for excellence, we must always seek the highest standard of ethical conduct. With your assistance and cooperation, we believe we can accomplish both goals.
Booster Do’s and Don’ts (PDF)
Report a Potential Violation
Azusa Pacific University is committed to compliance with NCAA and conference rules. Azusa Pacific’s compliance office will provide attention to all potential violations regardless of severity or significance. Lack of knowledge or attention to the rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA and our conferences is unacceptable and is not a tolerable explanation for a violation.
Failure to report a violation further compounds the severity of the violation and thus makes it important for violations to be reported immediately. Student-athletes, coaches, staff members or any member of the general public may confidentially report a potential violation to the Compliance Office by submitting it below.
All submissions are anonymous.