Joon Kim, Ed.D.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Leadership and Organizational Psychology
Phone: (310) 528-1528
Joon Kim, Ed.D., has taught across all grade levels, including elementary and high school students in Torrance Unified School District, middle school students in Los Angeles Unified School District, undergraduates at USC, and graduate students at the Keck Graduate Institute, a member of the Claremont Colleges. He began his education with hopes of continuing on to medical school to become a neurologist, but God had another plan, which was for him to serve in the field of education. Two influential mentors along his path were APU’s Edward “Chip” Anderson and Alex Jun. His primary interests are learning and pedagogy, as well as the incorporation of personalized education to optimize learning, a concept model taken from medicine that proposes the customization of health care.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership (Educational Psychology), University of Southern California
- M.E., Postsecondary Administration and Student Affairs, University of Southern California
- B.A., Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles
- Management of College Student Services
- College Admission Counseling
- School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
- Department of Leadership and Organizational Psychology
- Cognitive Task Analysis
- Learning and Motivation
- Medical School Admissions
- Premedical Education