Karen Maynard, M.A.
Assistant Professor and Director of Student Services, MSW Program, Department of Social Work
Phone: (626) 857-2400
Karen Maynard, M.A., is the director of student services in the Master of Social Work (MSW) program at Azusa Pacific University. Her responsibilities include recruitment, program admissions, academic advising, program development, student support services, and assuring program compliance with accreditation requirements. Along with more than 23 years of experience in social work higher education, Maynard has worked in financial and consulting organizations. She has a strong commitment to working with first-generation college students, helping them navigate the higher education system. Maynard enjoys serving as a mentor to first-generation students, and is also a diversity ambassador with the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusive Excellence at APU.
- M.A., Human and Organizational Development, Azusa Pacific University
- B.S., Organizational Leadership, Azusa Pacific University
- School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
- Department of Social Work
- First-generation College Students
- Human and Organizational Development
- Nontraditional Students in Higher Education
- Organizational Behavior
- SOCW 533 – Organizational Behavior and Management
- SOCW 541 – Capstone Leadership Project