Rukshan Fernando, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 5510
As associate dean, Rukshan Fernando, Ph.D., assists Dean Robert Welsh with the administrative, financial, program policy, and curricula areas for the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences. He also enjoys teaching courses pertaining to community development, nonprofit management, and leadership. His research interests are in nonprofit management, social entrepreneurship, and leadership. Prior to joining the academy, he served as the associate director of Housing Unlimited, Inc., an affordable-housing organization that serves people with psychiatric disabilities in Rockville, Maryland. He has also served as a consultant to World Vision Sri Lanka, and has been a guest lecturer at the Colombo Theological Seminary in Sri Lanka. He is active in the local community and serves on the board of the Glendora Education Foundation. His research has been published in the Encyclopedia of World Poverty, Journal of Community Practice, and Christianity and Social Work. He and his wife have two children and enjoy traveling, the outdoors, and all types of ethnic food.
- Ph.D., Community Economic Development, Southern New Hampshire University
- M.A., Policy Concentration, Southern New Hampshire University
- MSW (Emphasis in Community Organization), University of Michigan
- B.A., Social Work, Taylor University
- School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
- SOC 496 – Senior Seminar: Faith and Social Issues