Applications for the 2021-22 academic year are due May 1, 2021.
Minimum eligibility requirements for acceptance into the program include:
- Current licensure as a physical therapist by the Physical Therapy Board of California
- Completion of an ABPTRFE-accredited residency in orthopaedic physical therapy OR hold an ABPTS specialist certification in orthopedic physical therapy (OCS)
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate application for admission (Apply online through RF-PTCAS)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Current CPR certification card
- Copy of active PT license
- Current CV
- Essay addressing the following:
- Why do you want to do this fellowship as opposed to other available fellowships for physical therapists?
- What specifically do you hope to gain from completing this fellowship?
- How will this fellowship help you accomplish your life’s mission?
Applications are reviewed by a selection committee consisting of the fellowship director, clinical faculty, and clinic directors, with consideration of the following:
- Academic background
- Postgraduate training
- Clinical experience
- Teaching experience
- Research experience
- Community service
All applicants are interviewed by the director and clinical mentors of the fellowship. Observation of a live patient clinical exam may be required.
Note: This information is current for the 2021-22 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.