- Fall 2019 Priority Deadline (August start): May 31, 2019
- Spring 2020 Priority Deadline (January start): October 15, 2019
- Fall 2020 Deadline (August start): May 31, 2020
- Spring 2021 Deadline (January start): August 1, 2020
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Please note: International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa will be eligible to apply for this program in 2020.
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Two-page personal statement/essay describing your interest in the program, expectations of what graduate study entails, and career goals
- Two letters of recommendation from professional and/or academic references
- Current résumé
- Undergraduate or professional writing sample that allows us to assess your writing style, use of language, ability to succeed at the graduate level, ability to integrate the classroom into practice (if applicable), and critical thinking skills. Possible writing samples include a previous paper (research, reflection, etc.) from a class, an article (newspaper, school paper, journal article), a proposal (grant or initiative, etc.), or a senior seminar paper.
- A personal interview will be conducted as necessary with qualified applicants
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.