Many financial aid options are available to make your adapted physical education with master’s program affordable.
Graduate Physical Education Programs
|Graduate Physical Education Programs (per unit)||$745|
|Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization (per unit)||$745|
View a complete list of university fees.
All stated financial information is subject to change. Please consult with the Office of Graduate Student Financial Services, located in the Graduate and Professional Center, at (626) 815-4570 for the most current and controlling information.
Several types of financial aid are available to graduate students. The resources range from federal loans and state grants to, for some graduate programs, fellowships and scholarships. For details about financial aid available for your program, please contact the Office of Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services at (626) 815-4570.
Military members—and in some cases their spouses and dependents—qualify for financial assistance covering tuition, housing, and books. Azusa Pacific is a Yellow Ribbon University and Military Friendly School, so you can be confident that you’ll receive the benefits and flexibility you need to complete your education.
Physical Education Scholarships
Kyle Ian MacDonald Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is in honor of Kyle Ian MacDonald, MS ’15, a graduate of APU’s MS in Physical Education program. The intent of this scholarship is to financially support students in the pursuit of teaching and mentoring students through coaching, physical education, exercise science, and sport management. Awards range from $2,500-$2,800. To apply, fill out the Kyle Ian MacDonald Memorial Scholarship Application (PDF) by August 1 and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Physical Education MOU Partner Discounts
Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) are agreements between Azusa Pacific University and various entities (such as cities, counties, and businesses) that allow for employees of those entities, their spouses, and their children (up to age 26) to receive a tuition discount for select Azusa Pacific programs. MOUs are a great way for employers to promote the professional development and advancement of their employees.
The School of Education and the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences offer a 10 percent tuition discount for eligible employees of the following districts, counties, and charter schools who will start in a graduate education program through the School of Education or a graduate physical education program through the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences.
Please note: The School of Education’s doctoral program (Ed.D. in Educational Leadership) is not eligible for any MOU discount. The discount cannot be combined with other institutional aid.
- Apple Valley Unified School District
- Arcadia Unified School District
- Colton Joint Unified School District
- Corona Norco Unified School District
- Empire Springs Charter School
- Hesperia Unified School District
- Menifee Unified School District
- Moreno Valley Unified School District
- Murrieta Valley Unified School District
- Orange County Superintendent of Schools
- Oro Grande Unified School District
- Pasadena Unified School District
- Perris Union High School District
- Placentia Yorba Linda Unified School District
- Poway Unified School District
- River Springs Charter School
- Romoland School District
- San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools
- Snowline Joint Unified School District
- Victor Valley Union High School District
Note: School and district MOU partners are subject to change. Contact the Student Services Center at email@example.com or (626) 815-2020) to work with a Student Account Specialist and confirm current eligibility.
If your district is not listed, please have your district office email [email protected] to express an interest in establishing an MOU with Azusa Pacific University.
Students fill out the MOU Discount Form and provide proof of employment every year of enrollment. Contact Student Financial Services for complete eligibility details.
School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences Alumni Tuition Discounts
APU’s School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences (BAS) offers an alumni tuition discount for APU alumni starting in the following graduate programs:
- Adapted Physical Education Added Authorization
- Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology: Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT)1
- Master of Arts in Physical Education
- Master of Science in Child Life
- Master of Science in Physical Education
- Master of Science in Research Psychology and Data Analysis
- Master of Science in Counseling Psychology with Specialization in Children and Adolescents
Students must be in good academic standing and maintain satisfactory academic progress with a minimum cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0. Students must be enrolled at least half-time. If qualifications are met, the discount may be renewed each term. APU will pay $500 per term (up to $2,000 over the course of the program). This discount cannot be combined with other institutional aid. Contact Student Financial Services for complete eligibility details.
Note: Award and eligibility are applicable for the 2022-23 academic year and apply to students admitted beginning fall 2020. The discount is subject to change.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.
- Discount only applies to Inland Empire, Orange County, and San Diego regional campuses. ↵