Careers for Economics Majors
- Financial Analyst
- Think Tank Researcher/Scholar
- Insurance Underwriter
- Government Economist
- Risk Manager
- Securities Marketer
- Social Entrepreneur
- Management Consultant
The typical starting salary for the economics major is $42,549. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $91,114.
Job Titles of People with Economics Degrees
- Chairman, COFCO
- Managing Partner, Atlas Holdings
- Founding Partner, Five Star Parking
- Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Research Economist, Federal Reserve Board
- Maine Senator, Senate District 6
- Chief Financial Officer, Leuthold Weeden Capital Management
- President, U.S. Summit Company
- Director of Research, Wilkins Investment Council, Inc.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.