We are bringing a classroom experience into your home! Here is a list of faculty experts presenting on a variety of engaging topics, to provide a lifelong-learning opportunity for you. Watch a preview video, and register online.
- Knowing Your Bible: Improving Your Biblical Literacy, with Bobby Duke, Ph.D.: This presentation features an overview of the Bible and a framework for asking contextual questions when reading Scripture. Interpreting the Bible is made easier when the right questions are asked of the passage being read.
- Understanding Science and our Role in a Changing Climate, with Louise Huang, Ph.D.: To clarify misconceptions about climate change, results from climate change studies regarding the emission of carbon dioxide are presented, and the difference between greenhouse effect and enhanced greenhouse effect is explored, compelling us to consider our role in climate change.
- Getting Rich Right: How to Use Worldly Wealth to Gain Friends Forever, with John Thornton, Ph.D., CPA: Life and prosperity, or death and destruction? Learn how to make the most of what God has given you by following this fool-proof plan to get rich right.
- Race, Faith, and the Gospel, with Keith Hall, Ed.D.: What does it look like to love your neighbor as yourself in the midst of injustice and a hurting world? This presentation explores a pathway to hope, love, and engagement through Jesus’ example.
- How to support K-12 children in a distance learning environment , with Richard (Rick) Barsh, Ed.D., Regula Schmid, Ed.D., and le May Freeman, Ed.D.: Are you an adult providing support to a K-12 child in a distance learning environment? If so, join us for some timely tips and advice on providing holistic support to K-12 students during a complicated season of learning.
- A Shortcut for Emotional Intelligence in the Turning-Point Moments of Life, with Ryan Montague, Ph.D.: In this lecture, Montague introduces you to Pause Button Therapy (PBT) as an intervening strategy that will lead you to the best possible choice in the turning-point moments of your life. PBT gives you the power to “hit the pause button” prior to making any decision, whether big or small, and create just enough space to consider and implement the most appropriate action that has the greatest likelihood of success in your romantic relationships, business decisions, and parenting.
Additional content will be rolled out soon, so be sure to subscribe to the APU Alumni YouTube Channel!